.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fixin' Healthcare

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Who Knew At The Time

I cannot begin to comprehend the many lessons life has administered to me but all of them have some influence upon who I am and how I behave. Some lessons were anticipated, some came in unexpected ways, some occurred over and over in various forms, and some passed through without announcing their presence or intent. There were those I appreciated and those I would just as soon have avoided. I prepared as well as could be expected but it was nowhere near good enough. If I had it all to do over again, the only improvement I could hope for is a greater sense of humility but that is a tough one. My life could be done better but not by me; not under the circumstances I encountered. All those lucky breaks could just as easily go the other way. Sure, there were some bad breaks but my decisions contributed to every one of them. No excuses, some regrets, and apologies to everyone that I might have harmed or hindered.

Labels: , ,